- Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist keen for a role where you’ll do truly transformational work for your clients?
- Join a boutique, specialist Occupational Therapy practice offering fantastic support, great flexibility & more!
- Attractive salary circa $80,000 - $90,000 plus super, equipment & training, with support to pursue clinical specialties.
About the Organisation
UNLIMIT-ED believe participation in meaningful activity is core to a person’s sense of wellbeing. They understand the environment has a fundamental influence on quality of life. UNLIMIT-ED are a boutique, Melbourne based provider of specialist occupational therapy services. They remove limits (big and small) that can restrict a person’s full experience of life by modifying tasks, equipment and environments.
Well-respected in the healthcare industry, UNLIMIT-ED partner with a range of organisations to break new ground in occupational therapy service delivery; whether that’s working with architects to design unique, innovative spaces, collaborating with suppliers to modify off-the-shelf products, or helping employers better support their staff through more efficient workplace design. Their cutting-edge methods are grounded in research and their approach is human-centred.
Not Your Typical OT Role
To meet ongoing demand for their services, UNLIMIT-ED is currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join their team in Melbourne. This role is available on a flexible full-time or part-time basis, depending on your needs, with a contractor arrangement also considered, if preferred.
Your key responsibility in this position will be to provide home based transformational, specialised intervention and consultation services. Using out of the box thinking and innovative approaches, 1-1 user experience testing and home-based education sessions, you will deliver tailored solutions to functional barriers. You’ll be equipped with the tools necessary to help clients regain independence.
A typical day could involve the following:
- Meeting with an NDIS participant, architect and building project manager to benchmark the design of their new “dream” home against NDIS Specialist Disability criteria.
- Conducting an out of area discharge home visit on behalf of one of Melbourne’s major rehabilitation hospitals.
- Conducting user tests and equipment trials for things like mattresses, lawn mowers or scooters to suit each client’s needs
- Visiting a client’s home for education sessions on topics such as chronic pain management or how to clean a shower with one arm.
- Meeting onsite to observe your Mentor’s work, completing online training, and other activities to improve your practice.
- Working with a supplier to modify equipment, such as a custom ride on lawn mower with handrails.
- Writing an article for the Occupational Therapy Australia magazine on your specific interest area.
- Completing independent support plan reviews and comprehensive reports to justify the provision of equipment or modifications as needed.
Working across multiple funding bodies (NDIS, WorkSafe and TAC), your caseload will include adult NDIS participants, as well as people who have been injured at work or in a car accident. You’ll have the option to work from home or UNLIMIT-ED’s city office, with services provided in the client’s home - mostly within metropolitan Melbourne, with occasional travel throughout regional Victoria.
UNLIMIT-ED is looking for an innovative OT that’s self-motivated, mature-minded and has strong communication skills.
Specialisation in any relevant areas would be highly regarded, though this isn’t essential provided you’re solutions-driven and outcome focused. You’ll be fantastic for this position if you’re keen to use all the tools at your disposal to make a real difference, and are passionate about delivering amazing, unique work each day!
To be successful you will be a fully qualified Occupational Therapist with current AHPRA registration and hands-on clinical experience. You’ll need to have a current Victorian drivers licence and reliable access to a vehicle.
About the Benefits
At UNLIMIT-ED, no two days look the same. With an experienced admin team behind you and an extensive toolkit of trial equipment, you'll have a well-balanced caseload and all the support needed to focus on achieving life-changing outcomes for your clients.
UNLIMIT-ED is offering a highly attractive salary circa $80,000 to $90,000 (negotiable based on your experience and the hours you choose to work), plus super, a laptop and phone.
Achieve the work/life balance you’ve been looking for through the ability to decide which days or hours you work each week and the freedom to plan your week in a way that suits your workstyle.
As a member of a team that’s genuinely valued and supported to grow, you’ll be encouraged to pursuefurther training in an Occupational Therapy speciality, and have the opportunity to extend your skills and magazine articles, present your work at conferences, and collaborate on new products and services.
Though the team is predominantly home-based, UNLIMIT-ED has a beautiful, modern office space in the heart of Melbourne CBD that you can take advantage of at any time. A strong team culture exists with many face to face opportunities to socialise including monthly drinks, face to face team meetings, collaborative onsite visits with your supervisor, and working with colleagues on the same client.
This is your chance to help empower clients whilst working on your own terms, with an innovative and passionate organisation - Apply Now!